June 18, 2019
Each day people lose their Medicaid health coverage through no fault of their own. This endangers their health and wellbeing, while the organizations that provide them with care lose millions of dollars in essential funds.
The most common reason for a loss of Medicaid coverage is the individual’s failure to complete a complicated and often difficult yearly recertification process. Many people struggle to keep track of their eligibility and to provide the forms and documentation required to avoid losing their coverage.
In addition, many people have their applications denied because they do not know how to navigate Medicaid’s system for managing “surplus” income so that they can continue paying their bills while also qualifying for Medicaid coverage.
Independence Care System (ICS) Medicaid Specialists and Surplus Coordinators are experts in helping people enroll in Medicaid and maintain their coverage, while navigating the many complexities of the program. Now ICS is offering this expertise to assist health plans and other organizations that provide services covered by Medicaid.
Developed over almost over 20 years of helping older adults and people with disabilities and chronic conditions live safely in their communities, ICS Medicaid Support Services include:
- Tracking annual recertification dates, while implementing controls and procedures to avoid interruption of services
- Ensuring timely and accurate Medicaid application and recertification forms
- Gathering and submitting paperwork electronically, using customized software
- Providing one-on-one member consultation on surplus income management and assisting eligible individuals with pooled trust enrollments
- Assisting with Disability Medical reviews