After a spinal cord injury (SCI), emotional and physical barriers can be difficult to overcome. It can also be challenging for a caregiver—often a parent, spouse or other close family member—to understand the personal and physical support they need to provide. While love and dedication go a long way, sometimes the help of an expert is needed. That’s where our SCI specialists can help.
With our specialized SCI care coordination you get:
- An experienced care navigator to coordinated the health and social services you need to live independently, in your own home
- An empowering advocate who understands your condition and will help you set and reach your individual goals
- Education about the specific effects of SCI so that you can keep up your strength and prevent pressure wounds, bowel and bladder problems or other complications
- Use of a gym with accessible equipment designed for people with physical disabilities
- Peer mentors who provide support and practical tips on living with a spinal cord injury
More information for people with SCI
For more information about how our specialized SCI care coordination can support you, call 1.877.ICS.2525.