We believe in a world where everyone, regardless of disability, thrives.
Every donation brings us closer to making dreams a reality.
Support Our Mission
Living with a disability shouldn’t mean fewer resources and opportunities to live a full and meaningful live. Yet, every day, people with physical disabilities face barriers to adequate healthcare, gainful employment, accessible transportation, and more.
We envision a world in which all people with disabilities have what they need to thrive.
For over 20 years, ICS has provided life-changing services and tirelessly advocated for New Yorkers with physical disabilities. Today, we serve over 2,500 members across all five NYC boroughs and Westchester County.
Your donation is crucial for supporting the cost of vital services that public and private insurance doesn’t pay for. This includes
• Wheelchair repairs to keep members mobile in their homes and communities
• Social enrichment programs such as art, exercise, music, outings, and social gatherings
• Classes and workshops on a range of topics, such as managing medical conditions, assistive technology, and employment
• Primary care that ensures adults with physical disabilities receive specialized, high-quality medical care for their unique needs
• Advocacy efforts that give members a voice for equitable access to transportation, medical coverage, and more
Meet Our Members!
Ways to Give
- Does your employer offer matching gifts?
Recommend ICS through your employer’s matching program. Contact your employer for details on their program.
- Donate through DAF
To make a donation through your donor advised fund (DAF), you can recommend a donation through DAF Direct, or make checks payable to:
Independence Care System, Inc.
• 25 Elm Place, 5th Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201
• EIN: 13-3964284
- Other ways to give
To send a wire transfer, ACH, or stock donation, please contact Kumarie Joseph, Director of Finance, at email@example.com for further instructions.